Sunday, October 11, 2009

Amiri Baraka Birthday/Book signing.

It was quite the honor to be included as one of the poets reading for him. At first, I thought my friend, K. Desiree', had sent me an email about attending, not to actually be a part of the program. Nonetheless, I must say, it was quite the experience. Having reserved seating and my name on the bill. Even being interviewed for fios/vios television. Lol, I didn't catch what the camera man said. It was almost overwhelming. I rarely get nervous, however, that was one moment where I was. But, as far as what I read, I shall be posting that sooner than later. One piece was premeditated, while the other was impromptu, inspired by my friend Mia X's performance and just Amiri's presence. I hope he was pleased with my writings.
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment